How To Find Us
- Leave M6 at junction 40 (Penrith)
- Take A66 signposted Keswick and Workington.
- Continue on A66 until you reach the large roundabout at Keswick
- At the roundabout, take the right exit onto A591, signposted
- Turn into second road off to the right (about half a mile),
after an S bend, signposted Applethwaite/Skiddaw.
- Continue up this road, round two sharp bends, until you come
into Applethwaite village.
- On seeing the telephone box, turn left in front of it. You are
now on Raven Lane.
Continue along this lane for about 300 yards. Pass Orchard House
on your left. Orchard Barn and Derwent Lea are 10 yards up the
lane, also on the left, with car parking for upto seven cars.
- Visitors staying at Orchard Barn please park on the left of
the car park. Visitors to Derwent Lea, please park on the right.
There is space for up to four cars for Orchard Barn, three for
Derwent Lea. Any further cars will need to park down in the car
park at the foot of Orchard House garden, where there is room
for two cars.